San Cristóbal de la Habana was the original name of Havana, Cuba’s capital city, when it was founded in 1519; San Cristóbal (St Christopher) in honour of Columbus and La Habana after an Indian name for the site.
San Cristóbal de la Habana cigars were introduced in 1999 as a tribute to the city’s long history on the threshold of the new Millennium.
Its range is composed of four vitolas with a light to medium flavour using tobaccos from the Vuelta Abajo region. Each is named after one of the fortresses that defended the city in the days when it was the hub of Spain’s Latin American Empire
All are "totalmente a mano, tripa larga"— totally hand made, long filler and two sizes, El Morro and La Fuerza, are not found in any other Habano brand.
Mercaderes, Oficios and Muralla are vitolas available exclusively at La Casa del Habano only.